Shiitake Cream Pasta
Shiitake Cream Pasta is one of those fantastic recipes that you will want to make for every special occasion because everyone loves the rich marriage of flavours.
Shiitake mushrooms are popular for both their culinary value and for their health stimulating properties. They are rich in protein, minerals, vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B12 and D. Eritadenine, contained in the fibre of shiitake mushrooms is known for its cholesterol lowering effect. The shiitake is well known for its ability to stimulate the immune system and to help the body fight cancer!
25 ml olive oil
1. Pre-heat a large skillet. Add olive oil and immediately add sliced mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes.
6 shiitake mushrooms (washed & sliced)
red pepper flakes (optional) or red peppers (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 ml dried or fresh oregano, crushed
125 ml VQA Pinot Noir wine
50 ml cream
salt & pepper to taste
fresh parsley, finely chopped
pasta, your choice of noodle
75 ml parmesan cheese
2. If you prefer a hot and spicy dish, add some red pepper flakes at this point. If you are cooking for a sweet palate, add the sliced red peppers.
3. Sprinkle oregano, minced garlic, salt and pepper over mushrooms.
4. Pour in wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add cream. Cook for 2 additional minutes.
6. Sprinkle fresh parsley over mushrooms and gently place onto serving plate.
7. Alternatively, serve with pasta. Follow cooking directions on the package of your favourite pasta, to achieve the best texture. Drain immediately after cooking.
8. Toss the hot pasta with parmesan cheese. Transfer to hot plate or platter. Arrange mushrooms on top of pasta.
Top Of The Page