Ontario Veal with VQA Vidal Sauce
Meals are planned around meat in most households. Veal is a tender, lean, and mellow tasting meat. Most notably, it is easily digestible and contains fewer calories than other meats. Veal is high in its protein content and is also a great source of B-complex vitamins and minerals. You will be delighted by your results, again and again because veal is simply delicious!
25 ml olive oil
1. Place veal chops in sealable plastic bag or on a baking dish.
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, sliced (1 cm thick slices)
5 ml dried or fresh oregano, crushed
6 veal chops
125 ml VQA Vidal wine
5 ml rice flour
50 ml cream
fresh parsley, finely chopped
2. Sprinkle oregano minced garlic, onion, salt, pepper evenly over veal chops. Allow mixture to marinate for 2 hours, while refrigerated. Then, allow meat to reach room temperature on the counter.
3. Preheat your professional frying pan to a medium heat.
4. Remove the veal chops from their marinade mixture. Reserving the marinade, allow all the liquid to drain from the chops.
5. Add olive oil to the pan.
6. Quickly and carefully add the veal chops to the pan. Do not touch the chops for 1 minute. Then, very quickly loosen the chops from the pan if they are sticking to it. Allow them to cook undisturbed for 6 minutes on one side. If there is liquid other than oil in the pan, remove it immediately and reserve it in a separate bowl. Replace any lost liquid with another squirt of olive oil.
7. Turn the chops to allow them to cook on their other side. Resist the temptation and do not touch them in any way at this point. Cook for six minutes. Remove from the pan and place in a clean, covered Pyrex dish.
8. Add drained onions from your marinade mixture, to the now empty pan. Stir continuously until golden in colour. Add rice four. Cook for one additional minute.
9. Add marinade mixture. Cook on medium-high heat at first and after boiling point is reached, on medium-low heat.
10. Add cream. Cook for 2 additional minutes.
11. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
12. Add the veal chops and immediately remove pan from heat. Store covered until ready to eat. Allow meat to rest, uncut and eat in 5 minutes.
13. Accompanies Shiitake Cream Pasta recipe. Serves 6
Top Of The Page